Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blog 16: Type CATW practice 3

    In the passage "How to Do One Thing at a Time" from Women's health Magazine, the author presents the harmful effects of multi-tasking on humain beings.  He explains that multi-tasking including the ones that aren't considered dangerous, hurts human beings and causes us to be less productive.  The author states, nevertheless, that it is possible to do multi-tasking and remain safe by practicing our ability to concentrate

   As far as I am concerned, the idea"we are less efficient after we shut down e-mails and turned off our phones" is the most believable because we are not focused on any of the tasks we are doing to make the best out of it.  As a student, I always try to do many task at the same time, but I always end up making a mess of all of it because I am not focused  In my previous English session on Thursday, I was fixing the table and trying to make a summary for a movie we watchedin class.  As a result, I didn't finish my assignment on time because I couldn't focus

    We are also less efficient when we are doing things simultaneously because when we must accomplish tasks in a given amount of time we don't make a good usage of the time we have, and we always finish late or we just don't finish.  Last sunday, I tried to finish an assignment for my french class in one hour then go to work just that, but the visit of a couple of my friends disturbed me because we started talking  I ended up with an assignment not done and I got late for work  This example illustratre perfectly how multi-tasking can cause us to be less efficient when we are trying to finish things on time

   Yet we all know that multi-tasking can be dangerous, people still manage to do many things at the same time.  We should be more careful because multi-tasking can be as deadly as a disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment