Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blog 1: " How to do one thing at the time"

           In "How to Do One Thing at a Time" from "Adapted from Women's Health Magazine", the author explains that multi-tasking affects human beings because it limits our ability to think, and we are also not able to perform well after we multitask.  However, the author adds that many believe we can break our multi-tasking habit and be focused by meditating.

            As far as I am concerned, multi-tasking isn't good at all because it surely limits our ability to think. When I am doing two assignments at the same time, I am likely to make a mess of both of them because i am not focused.  Yesterdayfor example, I had to fill up a container with water at work.  Unfortunately, I ended up filling the place with water because i was texting at the same time.  I guess that i didn't properly aim the water pipe in the container.

            Multi-tasking is also not good because it stresses out people.  If I am doing my homework and talking to my friend simultaneously, I can't perform my best because I am stressed out.  Last semester, I had to finish an assignment at home, but I couldn't do anything because I had a couple of friends of mine home.  I tried not only to focus and do my assignment, but also to talk to them. As a result, I didn't finish my assignment because I was stressed out.

            As we all know multi-tasking can be a losing proposition.  It doesn't matter whether it is considered harmless or not because it is still going to affect human beings.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment